UBM_Rectangle

Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday - Breakfast with the family...


I woke up today feeling great from my last 4 days of cleansing. It is amazing how appealing and pleasing to my taste buds a simple salad is when my body is free of the toxic build up. It is not the easiest or most fun thing to do. But it is worth it. After you cannot appreciate the reward unless you sacrifice. Think of it. You don't appreciate being healthy as much unless you have been sick before. You cannot appreciate your money at the end of your week unless you work for it. Just like that in our bodies. So this week I am back on track with a healthy lifestyle. I am human and we all lose our way at one time or another. But the important thing is that we also come back to center. I always learn valuable lessons off the beaten path. But I would not suggest that route for anyone who would like to reach their destination in a timely manner. It is just a distraction from the goal. I admit I got distracted from my health goal for a bit while in process of adding a new little baby boy to our home. I am not making excuses or looking for sympathy. I could have stayed the course through it all. So no pointing finger except at me. I gladly take responsibility. Ed Cole has said " True maturity comes with the acceptance of responsibility" I create my own path in this life. So I digress. This morning while on the path of Healthiness... LOL so to speak. I was admiring my 3 old's handiwork while she was in the process of making her PAPA a card. I was truly proud to watch her write her own name and write the letters addressing it TO: PAPA. She drew a very nice picture for him. It made me think... HMMM. (That was me thinking). She did not have any occasion but LOVE. The bible says we should OWE no man anything but to love them. She demonstrated that to me this morning. I became the student once again. God is using my children daily to demonstrate his principles in action... it brings the scripture "Don't hold the children back for SUCH is the kingdom of God." We can see God's intention and Kingdom in the little ones he has blessed us with. So ready to believe, so full of life, so excited to see what is next. So unconditional in their love for those around them. They don't judge people for actions. They enjoy the company whenever and wherever. She wanted bless her PAPA and followed through with action by taking the time to sit down and draw him her own personal creation for his benefit. It cost her time not him. The greatest definition of LOVE I have found is: "to benefit others at the sacrifice of self" that is love. Thank you Aliyah for showing your daddy that this morning. I am meditating on it all day. When you think of doing something good for someone today or this week, don't let that moment pass without taking some time to follow through. The reward will be well worth the sacrifice.

1 comments:

Tabitha Blue said...

Such a great lesson.. and thank YOU for sharing that with ME. I love learning from our kids, and from you! :)