UBM_Rectangle

Sunday, November 8, 2009

DAY 7 - Journey (Medition)

Today is Sunday. The day I wake up and go to a place where I worship the creator with others who want to worship. This is also a day of reflection & meditation, on who I am. But more than that is a reflection of who God is! Today I ready myself and prepare my mind and my heart to receive and give what God wants me to. My house of worship (FAITHCITY) is a dynamic mix of believers and followers of Christ. We all have different backgrounds, experiences... lives in general. But that makes it all the more AWESOME! I worship with people, not Robots.

So I am meditating on
Joshua 1:8 (New International Version)

8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Message Bible:

Don't get off track, either left or right, so as to make sure you get to where you're going. And don't for a minute let this Book of The Revelation be out of mind. Ponder and meditate on it day and night, making sure you practice everything written in it. Then you'll get where you're going; then you'll succeed. Haven't I commanded you? Strength! Courage! Don't be timid; don't get discouraged. God, your God, is with you every step you take."

It is reminding me that my journey is not all about me... but the mission before me. I am becoming a more whole person with Christ's power by the spirit. I don't want to walk this journey (LIFE) alone let alone HAVE to. God has given us a comforter and friend. When I think (meditate) on that it makes my spirit glad. My countenance changes. Everything is going to be OK. Life is filled with challenges, but if I look to him DAILY in my walk of life and heart, He promises my life and path will be prosperous and successful. God does not lie so it must be TRUE. So my mission today is to take each section of this verse and try to apply it as I walk through my journey and life, remembering my journey includes others.

So go ahead think on this verse. God is talking to you too! But don't forget to drink your water today too. :)

I know I am.

0 comments: