UBM_Rectangle

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Weekend: PROJECT GARDEN BOX

IMG_2470

IMG_2471

IMG_2473

IMG_2476

IMG_2480

I decided this weekend I would begin our garden project for the summer. We are excited to grow our own veggies. So I looked up a couple of methods and plans for building our own boxes. We decided on a 4 x 8 foot box x 12 inches deep. I looked up on GOOGLE how many yards of top soil I would need to fill our boxes. It will take approximately 1 yard per box. The whole project took about 2 hours. 1 hour to and from the HOME DEPOT and 1 hour to assemble the boxes by myself. If you had a helper you might be able to shrink that time. It was a good outdoor project. I look forward to the extra CARDIO of shoveling 2-3 yards of top soil next week. LOL.
I had HOME DEPOT cut the wood pieces for me and then I just used 4 inch exterior screws to attach the boards. Now I just have to ask the wife where she wants to put them.

Material List: (makes 1 box)
4 - 2x6 cut to 8 foot lengths
4 - 2x6 cut to 4 foot lengths
32 - 4" exterior screws
4 - 4x4 cut to 1 foot lengths (posts)
Little sweat and you have garden box.

0 comments: