UBM_Rectangle

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Installment?

This morning I was struck with thought at a word that i know only too well.  Sometimes it amazes me how culture and life creep into our minds.  I was reading the book of Ephesians in the bible.  There is a portion in the first chapter that reads how God has a plan for humanity to eradicate our need to be good enough for God to accept us. He has a better life if we give in to Him and go to Him for guidance.  God has a plan to guarantee us a space in the afterlife with him.  And the thing that struck me next was the word installment. I was familiar with this term.  It jumped out at me.  All these photos and pics and ideas came to mind. Car Payment. Loans. I thought about what it meant to pay someone in installments.  I make a payment, then i make some more and more until it is payed off.  God gave us a place in eternity.  That was the first installment.  The first. As if it weren't enough to stop right there.  The first. I said, "God, this is only the beginning?" How cool is that to know once i give into his plan that i not only have a place with him in the afterlife but we just started his involvement with my life on earth.  Think about how much more he wants to get involved with us each day from now on.   God has so much for us in our lives here on earth. We need to search and seek him for what other "installments" he is giving us. I don't know about you, but my curiosity is peeked for what else he has coming to me. 

0 comments: